I'm wondering whether there is any truth to the theory that people in Japan live longer because they are healthier. They drink more green tea, eat more healthy foods and are into traditional medicine. Does this really make them live longer? What is the life expectancy for Japan? Thank you for any insights.

The average life expectancy for Japan is 82 years. I am not an expert on Japan, or life expectancy or anything related. All I did was a quick internet search, and these were the results that I got. Now, I don't know, obviously, if that life expectancy has anything to do with green tea. I imagine that it might have something to do with genetics as well ;-).

And what is the life expectancy for the United States? Is it more or less than the Japanese life expectancy, or not? I can't imagine that two countries with a similar level of economic development, and level of healthcare, have such a different life expectancy? Or am I wrong about that?