I was wondering if there is any truth in the theory that the life expectancy of doctors is higher than the life expectancy of the general population, because of their medical knowledge and healthier tendencies compared to other people? If this is true, then what is the average life expectancy for doctors?

I am really not sure if anybody has ever looked into that seriously. I guess that I am quite curious about this as well, but my guess is that doctors have the same average life expectancy as everyone else. They are just people too, and I am sure many of them have the same unhealthy habits that everyone else does.

Doctors may KNOW what encourages longevity, but they may not actively practice these recommendations. My family health doctor is clearly overweight, and has been so for quite a few years.