Hi, folks. I am 29 years old and I am a professional football player. Being a professional athlete is not as easy as it seems. I had few serious knee injuries and I had rib fractures five years ago. I won’t even mention how many times I sprained my ankles. Knowing all this, what do you think how long life expectancy for footballer players is.

Hi tailor,

ugh that's a really tough question, and hard one to answer. Why? because lot of factors influence it, amount of stress, genetics, amount of strain you are under, pollution, eating and/or sleeping habits and so on... But like you said injuries and high level of performance required do influence the life span of athletes. Latest Harvard studies show The National Football League players die nearly 20 years earlier on average than other men, which if you take average life span is 75 years is not very long. But as I have said, this varies by a huge amount from one person to another, so it may not case for you. Worst thing is use of painkillers, which leave devastating effects on human body.

Hope I answered your question but like I said its all speculation.