My husband was always drinking but I never thought this could lead to some more serious alcohol abuse. He now drinks on daily bases and I’ve noticed he can’t control himself while drinking. Alcohol has also caused him some troubles at work and it happened twice that he was arrested for driving a car with too much alcohol in his blood. I actually started to worry long time ago but I was also somehow ignoring the fact that he could become an alcoholic. Could you tell me something about alcohol abuse symptoms and alcoholism?

Hi there! I am an ex alcoholic and I now well how hard this could be. Don’t expect your husband is able to simply say to himself –that’s it I quit alcohol. The fact is he needs professional treatment especially regarding the fact he has severe form of alcohol abuse for he drinks daily without strength to control himself in drinking which is one of the main symptoms of alcohol abuse, and also having jobs trouble and trouble driving the car. He has also become physically dependent of alcohol abuse meaning that his body seeks alcohol as mine or yours seeks for water or food. I remember myself denying that I have symptoms of alcohol and alcohol abuse. My wife told me that every day I needed larger amount of alcohol I suffered from nausea and vomiting and those terrible headaches I wish to forget. Abusing alcohol might also cause some further more serious physical condition such as liver illness, high blood pressure. I personally have earned red face and enlarged liver and this is not something that can be fixed. One that is abusing alcohol may experience also fast heart rate, more frequent infections and muscle and ankles weakness. I feel so clean now and that’s why the best advice for you two would be the proper alcohol treatment for your husband. I remember I was on valium the first three weeks of my alcohol abuse treatment and it was not fun at all but is worth it.