I’ve just heard that my aunt has a Femoral neck fracture. She is very old and I’m worried a lot. But I’m not sure that I know exactly what is Femoral neck fracture. Is it some kind of hip fracture? Or maybe I’m wrong? Anybody who can explain to me? Thanks!

Yes, you have right. Femoral neck fracture is type of hip fracture. It usually results from falls, especially in elderly and females with osteoporosis. A femoral neck fracture occurs just below the ball of the ball-and-socket hip joint and this region is called the femoral neck. Treatment is almost always by operation.

Hallo,
I am not sure if I know a lot about femoral neck fractures, but I know that femoral neck fracture occurs just below the ball of the ball-and-socket hip joint. You have to understand that when a femoral neck fracture occurs, the ball is disconnected from the rest of the thigh bone. The treatment depends on the severity of the fracture, but I think that surgery is one of the options. I know that hip pinning is a procedure that is used to treat this condition. I think that insert several screws to the fractured bone. I hope that this was helpful in any way.

All the best to you,
Karen