My mother has osteoporosis for years. Now she has compression fracture. She doesn’t need to have an operation but she will have physical therapy. She is very nervous because of pain and I hope that she will be better soon. Please can somebody tell me something about recovery from compression fracture?

Recovery time usually isn’t more then 3 months. But sometimes it can be a slow process. The patients need to attend therapy sessions for two to three months. Most patients can make a full recovery or at least significant improvements from their compression fracture after six to ten weeks. Calcium and vitamin D supplements can help.

My husband who is an intern doctor fell off a horse and now has a compression fracture of the lumbar vertebrae. How long do you think he should stay off from work to recover from the injury?

I am also a patient of compression fracture from a road accident. What the doctors and bone specialist told mi was about 2 to 3months of careful rest before it reach a full recovery. Also do take high calcium stuff like vitamin pill and fresh milk. Afterall, what the bone need is calcium to maintain it's strength and endurance for all our daily activities.

Hope my suggestion helps :-)