Hi, I suffer from osteoporosis, and I already had one bone fracture. I am afraid it could happen again, so I need a drug that prevents bone fractures. I heard that zometa and aredia are good for this condition, so I could really use a few information about these drugs.

I am using zometa because my prostate cancer spread to the bones. This drug is for protection of bones, for preventing fractures and all the other unwanted conditions. I am taking zometa as an intravenous infusion every 3 weeks in my doctors’ office. I have some side effects like fatigue and headache, but I can’t stop taking zometa because of that. Aredia is also used for this condition, it is a similar drug. It stops cancer metastases to bones, and prevents the fractures. Zometa and aredia treat bone conditions, but I didn’t know that they are used for osteoporoses. Did your doctor recommend them to you? I heard that patients with osteoporosis usually take steroids, bisphosphonate drugs, raloxifene and teriparatide.