Hi, I think that my daughter is in risk of getting osteopenia, because I have scoliosis and weak bones. What can be done in prevention of this disorder? How can I help my daughter to make her bones stronger?

Hi, a doctor warned me years ago that I was in risk of getting osteopenia because I was very thin and had low level of estrogen. I didn’t take him seriously, and now I see that he was right. I am diagnosed with osteopenia, and have a high risk of getting osteoporosis. This condition is a mild thinning of the bone mass, a decrease in bone mineral density, that occurs most often in postmenstrual women. It leads to osteoporosis, which is much more serious condition, because it can easily cause a fracture. Your daughter should drink lot of milk and yoghurt, and eat food rich in calcium. She should also exercise, because it prevent muscle and bone disorders like osteopenia. The other minerals and vitamins are important too, like magnesium, vitamin K and Zink.