What do you recommend I do/take since I lost my voice due to little or no reason. It has been 24 hrs. I have no pain and my throat just feels really dry.

I too have lost my voice recently. I can talk fairly normally but cannot make any loud or high-pitched sounds.

Just before this happened, I had a sore throat for a few days. The morning that I awoke with no pain in my throat, I could barely talk, and coughed up some mucous. The next day I vomited up a large amount of mucous that had a lot of black color, in all probably about the size of the palm of my hand. The place I work in is fairly dusty but I have been there for about 8 months and never had this happen.

This happened just 2 days ago, and my voice seems to be slowly recovering, and there has been no black mucous since (nor as much at any one time), but I wanted to be sure as I had some pretty bad heartburn last night as well.

I have never smoked, drank alcohol, or used drugs, although people in my house do smoke, and just a month ago I was in the hospital for urethral strictures and I happened to have a really bad sore throat at the time, coughing up blood in my mucous, which I believe was tested (was definitely collected for a sample) but nothing was told to me about what it was exactly. During this time I also had no bowel movement for 3 days (Fri-Sun, I coughed up the black mucous Sun. morning) but am having them again regularly now.