Okay so about three months ago I had a stabbing pain in my throat then for the next few days it felt like I had swolowed a Chinese chesnut bur (they are a prickly ball with a nut inside - yes I'm country and that's the way I've always explained how strep feels) I figured it was strep and if it didn't go away in a few days I'd go to the dr.  the bur feeling went away but over the next week or so I would just be talking and it would feel like I had a chip caught in the back of my throat or something but it would only be for a second. Long enough to bring tears to my eyes then go away.  I looked in the mirror and it looked a little swollen but not a big deal I though just that I had sowollowed a chip and cut myself or even accidentlly sawollowed a finger nail (with my boyfriend in ICU I was under a lot of stress and had started biteing my nails again) and figured again it would pass.
For the next month I kept getting the pains, I gargled with salt water with no help, I ate cough drops they didn't help.  I didn't think too much about it until my grandmother had to be put in the hospital april the 11.  I was still getting the stabbing feeling after I would talk a lot or if I started talking really fast so I just kept a glass of ice water handy (the only thing that seemed to help) The episodes of pain got closer and closer together and the back of my throat got reder.  My grandmother died on the 19th of a SEVERE septic infection caused by a UTI (we assume nt for sure) and End stage alzhiemers.  I say that to add that I at one time was a CNA or NA and always was careful to was my hands I have wracked my brain to try and think if there was ever an occision where I didnt' wash or did something that maybe caused me to catch something from her but can't.
At the furnal I completelly lost my voice for a few min. several times. Now we are a two months laster and my thoat is still hurting still that stabbing pain on occosion but this am I woke up and my throat was killing me, it is still swollen, red, this am my bottom gums on that side were hurting and a little swollen, I Have a blister like sore on the bottom of my mouth an lip on that side my tounge feels a little swollen it's so hard to sollow that I have spit most of the day it doesn't really hurt to sollow the spit but it's hard.  As the day progressed I have started couging up stuff with a really light orange tint to it.  this is driving me insaine.  my life has finally slowed down but I don't want to spend more time at a hospital right now to get it checked out any suggestions of what it could be and how to treat it with out going to see my dr.  I have an appt with her on the 25 if I have no choice but I'm hopeing it'll go away by then (not holding my breather though)

thanks
krystle

It could be the Common Cold or have a dry throat try drinking water or take halls of a medicine that will work also it could be a cold like I have right now I also have the same problem but it went away later.

thanks that all make sense

but i still want to know what can i do to get rid ofbthis stabbing nonsense

i need to know how to get rid of this stabbing nonsense

Any resolution to your sore throat stabbing pain? I have had the same for 4 months.

This is happening to me now and it hurt so bad i stopped eating im only 14 and i cant take the pain. I tell my parent but she thinks I'm acting overly dramatic but im not can anyone helpp

You need to tell a teacher or another adult that is willing to help you.

It could be silent reflux

No didnt explain anything.

I feel like I have a nail in my throat. I can barely talk or eat. What do I do?

I had the same thing I took medicine, drank water, tea everything only helped for a little

Well i told my parents and that told me that we have to see the doctor (yes I replied to my self)

I have this too and they tell me there's nothing wrong with my throat they want to send me to a specialist But I have constant stabbing pain 5 to 10 times A-day

I have that right now but my mom isn't taking me to the doctors and I cannot talk at all or swallow that much bc it hurts so bad. I'm 14 right now.