hi, i've been having this throat problem for quite a long time n its really bothering me...i'm hoping to get some answers or advice,

i've had my tonsils removed when i was a kid...n when i started working,(as a pulmonary technologist) i get bad sore throat easily...i also found nodules at the back of my throat, which is there all d time.

last year, i had a complete loss of voice, when a doctor prescribed activet to me for a cough...ever since then, my voice never really recovered. can speak...but not sing anymore, its never a full round vocal like b4.

if i speak for too long, or get excited, i'll start having painful sore throat...which if i'm not careful, will get worse n infected by the nx day.

i've tried seeing a specialist...but nothing much was done nor adviced...simply the mere "its acid reflux"...

i'm curious to know, if more can be done?

thanks for reading...n i hope u can provide some answers

best regards!

hi i have the same problem but still have my tonsils. i was told it was acid reflux which i cant believe. I lose my voice all the time and cant sing anymore which is killing me as i was a front man in a band. have you progressed any further?

I had the same problem with my throat. I thought it was a cold, so I never went to the doctor until five weeks later when the coughing was so immense, and I couldn't take it anymore. Sometimes I'd start to throw up from coughing so much, even though I didn't have much to eat because I had lost my appetite. The doctors initiallly thought it could be allergies, and I got rid of my two beautiful cats, and the allergy medicine only helped for about one month, then it got worse. My next visit to the doctors I was literally sobbing and crying like a baby. I told my doctor I just wanted to have a normal throat. She put my on antibiotics, and it helped somewhat with the infection in my throat, but i still was coughing, and my voice had become horse. I went back again and the doctor sent me to have an MRI, and it came back as diagnosis description of CHRONIC PHARYNGNITIS.

It had taken three weeks before I got any lab results back, and during that time - I decided to do a detox with my roommate. She always is detoxing, and so I decided I needed to lose a few pounds anyway. I did this lemon and maple syrup detox, withing eight days, my throat completely cleared from any infection and irritation! ... I continued for twenty days, because i did lose weight too ... but i was just so excited that i could talk and not feel any irritation in my throat. I am so happy, becuase i actually thought it could be cancer from the lump in my throat. by the way, the lump is gone too !! ... so i don't know exactly what happened ... but this detox cleaned out my whole system, including my throat, and it cleared up my acne skin too!

Hope this helps?
:-)

I have the same problem, I went to a specialist after I kept losing my voice as I am a singing teacher and the specialist said I am to have my tonsils, adenoids & a tumor removed. Apparently tumors can grow at the back of your throat after years of incorrect singing methods. Another specialist has said I will have to give up singing altogether now and look for a new career as once you have had a vocal injury it is more common for them to reoccur more frequently. Apparently its serious as I haven't been allowed back to work for 2 months since i found out and the operation has jumped from 6months to 2 months waiting period.....mmmm....very stressful.

Can you please give details on the detox that you did?