HELP, WHAT THE HECK WAS THIS...I HAD A VERY STRANGE EXPERIENCE THIS MORNING...YOU KNOW WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE YOU NEED TO CLEAR YOUR THROAT, WELL, I TRIED TO CLEAR MY THROAT, AND COUGHED UP A THICK, FLESHY,MUCOUSY, SEMI BLOODY CHUNK,, IT WAS STRANGE IT FELT LIKE I COUGHED UP A PEICE OF MY THROAT

I too have just had this occur to me...not for the first time. I have been off work for past few days with temperature, feelind dizzy, severe sore throat and glands and catarrh and sinus pain and knowing that I have had this happen before I was hoping that a chunk would dislodge as I could feel it for days behind my nose and throat.....it has certainly removed the worst of the sore throat but it is very unpleasant...it was about an inch round but I think it is a giant mucous lump. I also have had the tonsil stones but having read some of the posts where people have diagnosed these wonder if some people have had the mucous lumps???? I would welcome a cure or preventitive measure for this happening again.

I had the same thing happen to me. 8 years ago I felt like I had something in the back of my throat and I could never clear it. It lasted about 6 months before finally same as you I coughed up a fleshy semi bloody chunk about the size of a large blueberry. I went to an Ear nose throat doctor and he looked down my throat witha camera and of couse didn't see anything (it was already out!).

About 2 months ago I started having the same problem again. It felt like something was growing in my throat and I couldn't clear it. I could barely talk. About a month ago I went to my PCP who looked in my throat who said I probably had acid reflux. Just to be safe I was sent to an E.N.T. doctor who also looked in my throat and didn't see anything. He aslo said I have acid reflux. I agree I do have acid reflux but I was still convinced something was growing again. But no one saw anything. Then this morning I coughed it up! It looked the same only half the size.

Does anyone know what it could be???

It sounds as if you have chronic sinus infections goin on..that mucousy ugly thing is just the infection clearing out.. if you get a raw sensation in back of throat for awhile..the best thing is to try to take a steamy hot shower and break it up.. it will help.. This is only what I've experienced.. but always a good idea to check with your doctor just in case.

I've had this problem many times in my life. Last night, in particular, i coughed up something that was pinkish white with what looked like 2 veins on each side? worried. was this part of my tonsils (i've never had them removed although they caused me so much grief as a teen with strep throat and tonsillitis), but i clearly saw what appeared to be tubes or veins on both sides. is it sinus? I experience fever for two days prior to whatever that was and have been worrying me all night.

That's what I coughed up this morning. Had a vein looking like thing through it. Was heard to cut the mucus up to make sure it wasn't anything & it was rubbery like. I'm worried

So my 17 year old daughter just had the same thing happen to her. She coughed up what appeared to be soft tissue from her throat and she said it feels like her throat has been eaten at. She also has had GERD for years. She had an endoscopy which found nothing wrong with her. I have never noticed tonsil stones but I don't usually look that close at her. I am hoping to get an appointment with an ENT doctor and an allergist. Any guidance/suggestions would be much appreciated.

I have strep throat and just sniffed/coughed/choked out a huge rubbery bloody mass from the back of my throat, its been annoying me for three days. I've had this happen heaps before when I'm ill. Pretty sure its just a bunch of blood/mucus/dead skin from the infection. A lot of you mention sore throats or fevers, so its probably from that. Maybe get a strep test if it happens again.

This happened to me on Sunday. The same exact thing that you described, fever then coughed up the same thing veins and all. I was freaked out! Did you find out what it was?

hi! this happened to the day after i came home from the hospital after an overdose. i had vomited so much bile and damaged my body so much, that i coughed up some of my stomach lining!

I have a Theory but not proven nor is it a fact or a diagnosis so don't take it seriously but I think the same thing happens to our throats that happens to our skin when it becomes damaged by the sun it sheds the damaged tissue off which could explain why its stuck by still being somewhat attached to the thought and y is bloody and why Dr's can't find anything when u get checked out remember bodies adapt and there are still things people don't know about why things happen to our bodies the way they do but this happened to me just last night but it's happened to me a couple times before and every time it's because I had a sore throat

I have strep throat and this just happened to me

I've had this happen before but never so large. Like the size of a quarter. Veiny fleshy thick mucus. I have had chills sore throat and headache for two days. But no mucus until now. I'm relieved to have found this thread. Throat hurts less just raw now. Less pressure.

I used tooth and gum pain reliever Monday morning and night. My teeth and gums were killing me. Monday night is when I started getting chills, headache and sore throat. I was in bed Tuesday night and all day today. Started feeling a little better then sick again. That when i cleared a quarter sized. Veiny fleshy thick mucus chunk from my throat. I wonder if the pain reliever did something to my throat ir mucus membranes. Anyone else have that common denominator?

So I just had the same thing happen to me tonight. I wasn’t feeling well the last couple days and then I coughed up a quarter size mucus rubbery like with blood that looked like flesh with a vein. I’m very healthy. And seem fine now.