I have been having this sore throat since Jan 1st. It was very bad for the 1st two days n i took Danzen, honey lemon, gurgle with salt water.

On the 3rd day, the pain subsided a lot but i develop a sort of hacking cough. The cough seems to be trigger by something which im still trying to pin point. Saw a doc 2 days ago, she gave me cough syrup n lozenges. However, my cough is still here n the sore throat seems to switch sides.

Do i need to see doctor again and take antibiotics?? I have been trying out chinese medicine as well. Pls help, thanks. By the way, i need to use my voice almost the whole day, does that affect the rate of recovering??? Thnks again.

is this in the upper throat or lower?

I have the same problem------extreme sore throat for about three weeks now. Upper throat, feels like it's right behind/under my tonsils and it switches sides every three days or so. It's never my full throat that is sore. The sore throat is accompanied by minor congestion, but nothing major and no brown or green mucous. No white patches on my throat. What is this???

If you get this over 4 times a year, you may have chronic tonsilitis. This can be easily treated if you get your tonsils removed. If this is a one-time thing for you, you probably have strep throat or mono which you can both get tested for at the doctor. If you have strep you can easily be cured with antibiotics, if you have mono, you will need to rest a lot until you feel better.

Most likely it's a bacterial throat infection. You probably need antibiotics.

I have had a severe sore throat that followed a nasty head cold. Only the sore throat wouldn't go away. I suffered for over a month. Severe pain switching sides about every day or so. I also had ear aches on the same side as the sore throat. Today, I coughed up a quater size tonsil stone. It was off white, lumpy, and smelled like a dead animal. I was amazed! And, my sore throat is gone! I have been searching for an answer, I was tested for mono, strep, and several other viruses. I was put on antibiotics and nothing made the sore throat go away until I hacked up this disgusting gigantic stone! I am going to go to an appointment with an ENT and set up a time to have a tonsillectomy. This is something I don't want to suffer from anymore. I hope this helps someone else. Feel free to email me _[removed]_ for more questions/ details. I really hope that someone suffering from my condition will read this and be helped.

hi i have this problem too i have just got over a bad case of tonsillitis i took full amount of medication and antibiotics and can also relate to having coughed up these white lumps, they are really smooth on the outside and when you pinch them they break and the smell is absolutely horrendous , never coughed up any bigger than a pea sized lump though, i do often get tonsillitis and being only 15 thing it would be a good idea to get my tonsils removed i am at ease now knowing im not the only one and i watched this tv show the other night where a woman who had inflamed tonsils was picking these lumps out of her tonsils and they looked the exact same the doctor said that these are from food build ups over time and is all part and parsel of having these inflamed tonsils hope this helped and sorry for yapping on haha cheers,

Hi all ive had this condition for around a year for the 1st 3-4 months it was on the left side of my throat then it went completly now its come back on the right side of my throat.

I struggled with the similar situation and finally I remembered one advice from one of my old doctors. Take B- Complex pills for 2/3 days. It gave me complete relief.

Did you ever find out what it was?

Hii! I too have suffered this condition since last two years in the month of Sept to Jan. It is like inflammation in throat along with paib shifting fast from left to right intermittently, but even after many medications it just gets temporary relief. I do not no, what to do about that. One side of the throat becomes so pain full, so that I can't swallow without severe pain.
Can anyone tell , is that a inflammatory condition, or strep throat or hyper active immune system ?
Thanks

I cough up tonsiloths all the time. Now I'm experiencing the pain going from the left to the right of my throat. I feel like there is a lump in my throat when I swallow. Can I just ask to have my tonsils removed?

Those are tonsil stones

Eagle syndtome look it up

GERD .... the
Pain can be due to acid overflowing and irritating your throat and the pain reflects up to the ears.... omeprazole solved my problems in 3 days. Something worth checking out.