It has been almost 15 months with a sore throat and loss of voice. By night time my voice is basically gone. I have had a scope and therapy with no success, I have seen a ENT specialist and he is at loss, due to being diagnosed with GERD 2 years ago I had a dual PH test done too. There are no reults explaining this andnow I am looking at seeing a Laryngologist hundreds of miles away, this is stressful. Any advice?

This is exactly what happened to me,  I am now getting my tonsils out, my tonsils never showed the sign of infection either but once they took them out they were infected.  You may want your ENT to look again.  I had a partial tonsillectomy a year ago and then it was all good and then it started returning the sore throat, ear pain, swollen lymph noids and here I am having a full tonsillectomy now, which I hope does the trick  I am on day 7 after tonsillectomy.