im 17 and a boy
i have just recently (on tuesday) come back from malia in greece. i have now got a very sore throat which has been constant since tuesday which is accompanied by some weird bumps on the back of my throat. i have noticed these bumps occasionally before but definitely never this prominent. it was very hot in greece and there was also a lot of drinking and smoking being done so i figure i wasnt helping my throat out at all.

I have a semi lost voice (though that could be due to the shouting) .. by semi i mean i can talk fairly normally but i can't go high pitch at all.

another thing is my throat is particularly sore in a certain place in the lower left area of my mouth but its hard to pinpoint exactly where.. somewhere near the back of my tongue on the left.

I had what a doctor diagnosed as early signs of tonsillitis (swollen tonsil on left side and a white pus filled thing or something like that growing inside). i got penicillin and after a week or so it went away (though the tonsil was still different from the other side. i think because of the thing that was growing in there)

i have tried to attach a picture of my throat which should help a little i guess!

sorry for the essay just wanted to make sure i didnt miss anything out

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/3439/throat.png

i just want to add, that the tonsillitis thing was around like 20th-30th june

DID YOU EVER GOT A DIAGNOSIS FROM A DOCTOR?

Hey, i think i have those little lumps like yours, can you tell me what happened? Its been over a year since you posted, would appreciate it a lot! Thanks!

i have the same thing. Ive had it for couple years now. I was concerned so i went to my aunt whos a doctor and she felt my neck and looked at it and told me that some people do get those and its always going to be there unless i want to remove it with surgery which she recommended not to

I also have the same symptoms exactly, but actaully worse. I suffer from LPR Silent Acid Reflux, which means acid comes right up to the back of my throat without any sensation at all.

What I mean by "actually worse" is that I suffer from major voice problems, extream chroinc hoarseness, and many other voice problems. I have been in Speech Therapy and receiving care for my LPR for a year. Nothing has improved. (Including my sore throat in a morning and when drinking water, and the same type of weird orange lumps/bumps with extreme redness)

I would appreciate it if you replied because I need help! Its been a couple of years since you posted... so did you ever get an answer?