I had sex the day before my menstrual started. Its been 3 weeks and in the past week I've had lower back pains, abdominal pains that feel like slight cramps and milky discharge. What does that mean?

Every woman is different but id suggest to see a doctor just incase, they are here to help. I have PCOS and right now im similar to you but my cervix is high, soft and open so its hard to say.

Hello Courtney, 

Chances are that the symptoms you are experiencing are not caused by pregnancy, even though you didn’t say if the sex was protected or not. Either way, chances of getting pregnant are far smaller if you had sex a day before your period, because you are not as fertile at this point. Still, all the other symptoms aside, if your next period is late, obviously, take the pregnancy test.

Still, slight cramping and increased discharge are not happening exclusively during early pregnancy – and even then not to all women. This, to me, sounds more like the sign of Pre-menstrual syndrome than anything else. Especially if you are also feeling moody or not as your usual self. This simply might mean your period is coming soon.

Sounds like an extreme kidney infection, you should see a doctor quickly