I got off my birth control patch at the end of April and have been sexually active with my fiance trying to conceive. Until now I have not gotten my period although I have read that it can take awhile for my body to get back to normal after being on birth control for 5 years.

I know it is still too early to see if I am pregnant or not. Here is my question, for the last few weeks, I had been feeling fine. Just recently in the last week, I am constantly hungry but every time I have a meal, my stomach feels queasy afterward ( not the same kind of queasy as if I want to throw up or anything) and as soon as I eat some more, the queasy feeling goes away, until I'm hungry again which I had never felt before unless I was sick ...

Today I woke up and my nipples were super tender/sensitive and my lower abdominal area was just in pain. Even a slight touch to my nipples would hurt. The lower abdominal pain felt like it might be my bladder being full to the max and the kinda cramping you'd get if you were running after drinking a bottle of water. But I didn't need to go to the bathroom ...

We tried to have sex tonight but the pain was just unbearable during intercourse.

I don't have the spare time at the moment to get to a doctor to have it checked out. Also in the last week or two, I've been making very frequent trips to the bathroom but that was before the pain came into my life. Also it does not hurt during urination so it can't be my bladder?

What could have caused the pain? We do have some very rough sex sometimes but it had never bothered me before ....

Hi honey! Even though you haven't had your period yet does NOT mean you haven't ovulated! When you first come off of birth control and get pregnant it is hard to tell what is going on - due to the lack of menses! So I think it would be a good idea to take a pregnancy test - keeping in mind that it might be too early to tell OR that you aren't pregnant OK? Then lets see what that says! you definitely have the symptoms of pregnancy - BUT these symtpoms can also mean a regular period coming on - without the help of BC to ease the symptoms! So FINGERS CROSSED And start taking prenatal vitamins - as these help with the development of the baby and also IF you aren't pregnnat can REALLY help with your fertility!

Hi Bambi, thank you for to response!

The pain is now gone after a good night sleep although my nipples are still very tender ... I did manage to get to the store and purchased a HPT. I did the test, it was negative =( I will wait a little longer to do another test but I honestly hate waiting with a passion.

Also, IF I was to become pregnant, would taking allergy medication be bad on the pregnancy? It's summer soon so I'll be sneezing like crazy.

I take that back about the pain going away ... It's bacckkkk!!!!! Ugh!

When you come off of BC especially the patch or a shot! Your periods can come back with a VENGENCE - because the hormones have been controlling the shedding and the cramping! So I think you are about to have a doozy of a period! What I do want to mention is something VERY important OK?! When you come off of BC you CAN have a higher rate of Etopic Pregnancies - I will underline CAN! So IF the pain becomes intolerable - not like a bad period cramp - I would like you to go to the hospital! Just to rule this in or out! As a burst tube can be REALLY bad! This is just an FYI OK? also are you having thick white discharge with this pain too?