i am 24 years old with 3 kids and i just got out of the tub after feeling a quarter sized hard lump just beside my right nipple. it worries me because my family has a severe history of breast cancer, what i mean is EVERY GENERATION of women in my family has had it. my doctor said i am too young to get a mamogram done. i had another lump a year ago, but it ended up just being a swollen lymph node. could this be different? im freaking out!!!!

go to your doctor again. Even if it is a swollen lymph node best to get it checked out. my mom had breast cancer and the best thing for your kids it to stay calm. even if it is cancer, you need to be strong for your kids and your husband.

If the lump is moveable then it is probably a lymph node. But if it is hard as a rock and doesn't move then you may need to find a new doctor. They cannot refuse to do something that you request. I mean you are paying for it right!! Bad doctor you can never be to young to be sick!!!! :-D And you need to be healthy for your kids!!!

Please get it checked out. I have found two lumps in my breast in the present and past and have a doctors appointment thismonth to be cchecked our as my mother lost both breast to cancer . please go get a mammogram done go to several doctors if you have to to get this done. Wish you the best of luck sweetie