I am 37 and I have a lymph node in my armpit and it is the size of a quarter and no sore at all. I also have several of them on the top of my thigh right above my knee and some are sore and the others are not..The bad thing is I have no insurance...Any suggestions or opinions what it may be or causing it?

Hi Jen,

Swollen lymph nodes often indicate an infection of some kind.  A lymph node the size of a quarter is severely inflamed and since you notice these in more than one location, I suggest you see your doctor for an exam.  Swollen lymph nodes in the armpit can also indicate breast cancer.

See your doctor.

Thanks Medic-Dan..I have an appointment on Wednesday..As far as the Lymph Node under my armpit, I had my sister who is a RN do a breast examine and she didn't find anything unusual..She also was checking my abdomin and found a pea sized knot right above my belly button on the right side and also right below my ribs on the right side is very tender when she was feeling around and pushed on that spot..

You're welcome.

All the more reason to get it checked though if she found others. It may be an infection but play it safe.

Just a heads up, your doctor may recommend a mammogram.

Good luck.