Hello there! For the last couple of months I have had a lump in my left groin. It is pretty hard, it looks like a knot, and it hurts a little bit when I press it hard. It is too big to be an ingrown hair, and I can’t think of anything else. I am not sick and haven’t been for quite some time. So, what could this be then?

Hi there! I have been asking myself the same question for the last 3 years. I have two or three of these swollen lumps on both sides of my groins. Sometimes, they get inflamed, and I actually don’t know if it is them that are inflamed. Whenever I go to a gyno, they say it is nothing, so I just got used to them. That certainly doesn’t mean you should do the same. If it continues to bother you, go and have yourself checked.

It's not a hernia?

i have just noticed a lump in my groin area on the left side a little bit bigger than a dime. it is tender and has a bit of swelling. i am a really clean person and i know i haven't been bit because there is no color to it. can anyone help as to what this is. i am not sick or anything but just got over bronchitis and sinusitis. does that have anything to do with it. i may be pregnant as well.

It think it could have something to do with bronchitis and sinusitis because lymph nodes usually become swollen and tender when there is an inflammation near by. Ok, in your case, it is not as near. What’s the lump like? Is it hard, soft, moveable or not?

I have had one for ages on the left side of the groin. A gynecologist just told me it’s an inflammation like any other and a dermatologist told me to come again when it gets inflamed and big. I keep thinking it’s an ingrown hair but this lump is way to long . It hurts when I press it hard.

debera wrote:

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

you might have cancre go and go to the local gp and ask to have a full bc and fwbc to rule out infection then ask for a biopsey to rule out cancer

Was wondering if any of you have been to doc yet. I got a lump years ago and went to both gyno and dermotologist. Concensus was fatty nodule. No pain no change. Then woke up today and it was painful, larger, harder, and now oozing a little clear fluid. I have been feeling ill for several days but never noticed such a marked change before. Am of course in process of waiting for approval on new health insurance so don't want to rush to doc right now. Thanks for any feedback. It's NOT genital warts.

its probably just an inflammation of your lymph node. take some anti-inflammatory meds. and maybe some anti-biotics. if it doesnt go away in a couple of days, see a doctor.

staph infection symptoms
Pain and swelling around an open wound (cut or scrape) of the skin.
Furuncles (boils) and carbuncles, white-headed pimples around hair
follicles.
Blistering and peeling skin, in infants and young children.
Swollen lymph nodes in the neck, armpits or groin.

http://www.symptoms101.com/med/archives/2005/05/staph_infection.php

I just had a hard lump removed from my groin area. It started out as an ingrown hair, but left for too many years. It turned into scar tissue, and I ended up needing 3 stitches in the cut.
All good now...

........ ok, my wife has went to her doctor to have 2 "nots" in here right groin looked at. she has been sick with a sore thought lately. the to lumps are hard (i have felt them myself) and she keeps telling my they heart like she is being stuck with a needle. They have no color change on the surface of the skin.
:-( she went to the doctor and he asked if we were sexually active, she answered yes. He had here take a piss test to see if its a infection of the lymph nodes....... they put her on this medicine....... the side effects are that if she is pregnant...... witch we dont know rite now, bc the blood test hasn't came back yet........ if she is..... the meds, will make the baby suffer from birth defects....... it makes me mad b/c, they tell her its from sex (something to do with her "juices" allowing bacteria to form) and will not tell her how to prevent it.... now i just am wondering how shes just having trouble with this in her life...... you think she would have had this before...... we have been together for 6 years now.

and they told her if she was pregnant, that they would put here on different meds......... WHY NOT JUST GIVE HER THOSE MEDS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!.......
This is something really bothering us.......We really wont are baby if shes pregnant.......

I have a lump inside of my thigh. It is a knot . The gyno said it was nothing. A knot in the gland. I'm following up with the dermatologist and maybe the surgeon. it has gotten bigger in the last 2 years. It's way deep under the skin to be a cyst or in a hair follicle . I've had one before.That is a big difference. Do follow up on your symptoms with a professional Dr.
Ms H

Hi there, I also have this problem i have two hard lumps one on each side, I had no idea what they were and have been quiet painful. Even to the state that the ends of my undies rub on them and make it sore. I have been to the docs and all that she could say is that because i have put on weight it could have something to do with the fact i am slightly obease. Doctor thinks that its a hormonal thing? This was 3-4months ago now and i still have them. So will be heading back to the docs again soon. But if you are obease or have put on weight FAST then this could be the reason also. Hope this has helped.

I too have these same symptons on my groin area. Both sides actually. I am 28 and an athlete so they can't claim that I am slightly obese. I've had these for several years and have grown tired of having them. As soon as my new health insurance arrives I will head to a specialist to see what my options are and will report back to see what type of action they suggest.

Just wanted to share with everyone... About 4-5 years ago I had a swollen gland in the groin area on my Right side. It got to the point where it was so swollen and sore that I was unable to wear underwear because they would rub on it and it hurt to sit like a normal person. It also hurt so bad walking that I had to walk like I just got off a horse. I had originally went into our local urgent care center where the doctor there tried numbing the area, which hurt like a **((&(&)( and then he proceeded to slice it to drain the fluid. He packed gauze in the area and told me to go home and soak in a warm bath to help drain all of the fluid and that it should be fine in a couple of days. I was to follow-up with my regular Gyno. When I went back to see my Gyno, he was flabergasted that the urgent care doctor would send me home with an open wound packed with gauze. Once again we went through the anesthetics to numb the area...my Gyno did nothing but appologize for the pain it was causing, which I thought was nice since I was bawling because of the pain and his nurse was letting me squeeze the living c**p out of her arm, which I ended up leaving claw marks in. He had gone in and removed the swollen gland and applied stitches to the area to close the wound. He than showed me what was causing me the pain and it looked like a little spperm or something. It had a very, very small ball that was smaller than a pea followed by a tail (at least that was my interpetation). He had sent it in for a biopsy, which came back clean. His only conclusion that he could give me at the time since I had no other illnesses and it just appeared one day was simply that it was a glad that had gotten inflammed. He offered to have more tests ran on me if I wanted to, but did tell me that a lot of the tests wouldn't do any good and only cause the bank account to shrink. He was a very straight forward doctor that I really liked. My mother, aunts, and sister went to him as well so he knew my entire family history and that cancer was common.

After everything, I have not had any more glad issues in the groin area, but do have some unexplained ones in other places. All and all, that was the most excruciating pain I had ever gone through and I had two children.