Hello. I'm 25 year old female and I'm having this habit to check my breast for lumps on almost daily basis. Just recently I have determined that I have some bump in my left breast.
I contacted my doctor immediately and on mammogram he determined that it is nothing more then just a swollen lymph node and that it will go away by it self.
It has been three weeks since this mammogram and the lump is still present! I'm worried because I'm thinking constantly about possibility it is some kind of cancer! Is there anything I could do to be sure about this?

I don’t know what to tell you. It certainly isn’t pleasant condition. Thinking about it all the time could only ruined your life. I suggest you to take one more mammogram to be sure.
Go to another doctor to get second opinion about this. If doctor suspects in nature of this bump- tissue biopsy could be done to confirm the diagnosis.
A lymph node biopsy or excision is a relatively minor procedure. The most important thing is localization of this lymph node.
If it is near the armpit- there is great chance that somewhere in breast there is undergoing process such as tumor or something because these lymph nodes drain all the lymph from breasts.

As you are 25, an ultrasound might be more up your alley than a mammogram. I am 28 and going this monday for one for a lump I found on the right side of my right breast. Apparently the younger we are the more dense our breast tissue is therefore a mammo will only show what you already know - a dense mass. I am not even bothering with one. My lump has been around for about a month. My doc tried to aspirate it but nothing came out. It is oval in shape and moves freely. As well, my breasts have not changed in firmness etc... She figures that it is a fibroid and to not to be concerned. I trust my doctor. Just as a head up - don't let doctors throw you out with the "your only 25 thing" I went to three doctors because mine was on vacation - I was told that by all. These days it seems we have to be proactive about our health in order to get anything accomplished!
I hope this helps. I experience some sharp pains as well, do you?

Breast Lymphatic node swelling is mainly due to the wearing of underwire and push-up type bras as the cut of the lymphatic and blood circulatory systems and also the mammary glands too. You should wear full type cup size bras and no underwire. I know as I have been a healer for 14+ years and I have helped many people with this problem.

I am having that same problem under my left breast. Have had the pain for about 6+ months going to the dr today to rule out things. scard as all can be, but after reading your post it calmed me down a bit becuase it all started when i got new bras. But cancer does run im bother sides of my family.

any breast lump should be taken seriously.i think you should consult a surgeon with great expertise in breast cancer surgery rather than relying  just  on the mammogram.Do not waste time in thinking about benign possibilities though majority of breast masses are not cancers.the earlier the better.

thanks you have just confirmed what I suspected my breast pain to be. I currently am suffering a sensitive area under my left breast. I noticed it sore after wearing a bra that is a little too tight for me with an underwire. I have been so worried but your post has just jogged my memory about the bra that was causing me discomfort a few weeks ago. I have stopped wearing it now. The pain is like a stinging that cresendos and then slowly backs off when pressure is applied to it, also when I run or jump,

thanks

S

To help relieve the pain and lump, you should do breast massage on a regular bases until the pain and the lump goes away.