Hi. I’m 25 years old. I have a painful area in my breast and I had it checked by a doctor. He says it feels like a mass or a cyst so he advised me to get a mammogram. I’ll get it in few days. As this area is painful, and lump is in the breast upper outside quadrant, I hope this is not a cancer… What do you think?? Could this be a cancer???

Well, it is really hart to say without mammogram test which you will take. That is the only way to be sure. On the other hand, in general, cancer of the breast is less likely to be painful (only 10% cases). However, a cancer can sometimes cause pain, especially in younger women so you still can’t rule it out. Also be sure to have the mass evaluated by a breast surgeon even if the mammogram is negative!!! But, what goes in your favor is the fact that huge number of painful mass breast areas turn out not to be cancer… Hope for the best.