Hi..i banged my left knee about a week or 2 ago.now i have a good size lump right below by knee. it doesnt hurt but still swelled. tried a little ice. feels little hurt and a little soft. size of golf ball approx. doesnt impede walking, etc. should i go see my doc ? or let it go for a while? Bill

I sent this. I am a newby to this site. Can someone advise ? jerseyshark(Bill)

Hi there,
Knee injuries are very problematic. I know this for a fact because long ago I have had an injury to my knee and still I have some problems with my knee from time to time. The lump is most likely the swelling that was caused by the injury. I am not sure if you have any fractures on your knee cap, but you have to know that it is very important to see a doctor when it comes to knee injuries. There are a lot of things that might cause problems and complications to your knee. Have you used any pin killers for the pain? Have you tried putting some ice on your knee?

Best wishes,
Marco