Hi, I am a 17 year old female and I have a small hard lump in my right knee inside of my leg. It is a little bit right to the right kneecap. It is like the size of a small marble ball, maybe smaller. It doesn't show but you can easily feel it moving around when I bend my knee slowly. It doesn't give me pain. I have this for quite awhile. I have never had surgery or any damage to my leg. I noticed that my friend has the same thing on the same place but her's does not move around like mine. What could it be? Do I have to worry about it?

It could be anything from a mimiscal cyst to a sebaceous cyst. The fact that it is causing you no pain or discomfort is a good thing. As long as it is not bothering you and as long as it doesn't change in any way, I wouldn't worry about it.

If it becomes painful or changes in size or appearance, contact a physician.

I have the same thing on my right knee and I have had it ever since I can remember. same story I have had no surgery on it nor any injury other than possibly scraping them up a bit when I was small. It moves around and sometimes I cant find it but I always know it will show up again later. I would love a helpful response that was either medical or scientific as to the reason its there. Not really worried about it, it just is a bit irritating and weird.

I have the same kind of thing in my right knee but after i got bone dislocation in knee. It somrtimes appears and bothers me while walking. I adjust it in order to walk but after sometimes it appears again.