I need some information about skull fractures. My friend hurt his head when he fell while he was driving a bicycle. He got skull fracture but I’m not quite sure what kind of fracture he has. He mentioned Isolated skull fracture. Tell me how serious are Isolated skull fractures?

First, you need to know that many skull fractures are not too dangerous and do not require surgery. As I know, isolated skull fractures are not very serious injuries. In most cases of skull fracture the bone is cracked without any displacement of the broken pieces. But you can never be sure with head injuries.

Hi there,
You have to understand that every skull fracture is very dangerous. I am not sure what side effects can isolated skull fracture leave on him, but he will need to see a doctor in order not to have any serious side effects from the injury on the head. There are few things that he can notice after the fracture. For instance he will have headaches and he might even develop migraines. There is a chance that he will feel dizzy very often and in some cases he will feel nausea. How old is your friend? I hope that this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco