I've had this swelling under my knee cap happen for the 3rd time today. I'm not sure if it's water on the knee, since I don't remember having any trauma prior to the swelling either time. I had a knee injury about 13 years ago, which healed itself in about a month and a half.

This swelling just bellow my knee cap happens just like that. 1st time it happened, around 5 years ago, I was at my P.E class, putting no weight on my knee, 2nd time was about a month ago and I was just lying down, and 3rd time was today when I was walking. I have no pain whatsoever, just a weird feeling in my knee, under and bellow my knee cap, when I walk, straighten or bend my knee. And as I said earlier, there's also a swelling bellow my knee cap.

My question is, could it be water on the knee, even though I had no trauma to my knee? I know I don't have to go to the doctors, just need a bit of rest, but what if it keeps happening?

I'm a female, 23 years old, normal weight.

You may have a build up of extra fluid under your skin. I'm not a doctor though so I suggest getting it checked out. If that is the reason the doctors will be able to preform a simple opperation to remove the fluid. Hope this helps.