I have a hard lump on my chin. It is very painful! I was just laying on my bed, nothing on me, no bugs, nothing that I'm alergic to, and all of a sudden a painful strike went up my chin! It felt like something was poping out. When I touched it, a HUGE lump appeared on it! It was enough pain to make me tear up. I took benadrill and Advil and nothing happened. My family has a bit of medical history (i.e. holes in hearts, Parkinson's disease, mental retardation, I'm missing a tendon from my thumb knuckle). Ohhh, it hurts!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i also have a lupm under my chin it apeard just reasently not sure what it is it a bit painful slighlty movable as well its only about the size of a pea do u no whatt it is or can be ?

I also have a lump under my chin about a pea size its been there for 3 days now , what could it be ? Im 15yo ! Can it be cancer ?

It sounds like an ingrown hair

my biggest suggestion is to immediately talk to the doctor for all these cases, mostly because it not ONLY will take stress off of you immediately to know that someone who normally knows what their talking about is looking into it, but also because thats what i did and it actually helped a TON! i had a GOLF BALL SIZED lump under my chin that had started out small. I though nothing of it, thinking like many would, that it was simply a pimple or something but a few short days later it was ENORMOUS! i talked to a doctor and after a few weeks they explained to me that it was infection! OoO i SERIOUSLY had been freaking out! but then come to find out that the reason behind the huge size of the infection was because it was an inflected hypothyroid gland that, because i'm a twin, hadn't moved down during my time in the uterus. many strang things can happen in multipe births and this is actually a pretty commong one but one that is often only found out AFTER/BECAUSE it gets infected! ^u^ it was a HUGE reliefe! i don't know if this helps neone at ALL but i hope it's helped in the idea that you should definitely not put off talking to a doctor! ^u^

Celebrity
Have you got a teenage spot on you chin or around about? When i was younger an got a big spot on my chin ( usally at the time i was having my period) id get a lump under my chin. Its a gland, nothing to worry about it will go when the spot goes.
My son had his ear pieced a few weeks ago. He got an infection in it. He also got a lump on his neck under his ear. I took him the doctors to clear the infection up.
Hope this helps. If it gets worse see your doctor

Help... Im 15 and i have a big (dime sized) lump on my chin... not really painful but really sore... if i move my mouth a certain way, my lip goes numb...

My story completely relates to all our yours...Im freaking out wondering what the hell is the cause of this lump in my chin...its hurting mt teeth as well cuz of da soreness...my cavities are killing me!! This has happened to me before and it went away...I always feared it would come back & it did. I just hope its nothing serious & goes away!!

I had a lump under my chin for many years. It came and went and was the size of a pea too. It got bigger though and grew to the size of a golf ball. If I would rest for a complete week and be careful it would not make it subside. I tried antibiotics and only once did it relive it but didn't make it go away. When I put my head up it feels like im pulling a muscle from up my neck.

I have an operation last year to remove it and so have a scar under my chin now. All was good.. but then I have just had a terrible cold and again I feel the pain and a tiny pea sized lump. It's back!!!!

The doctors removed it and said it was a cyst but i don't know if they can operate again. But I'm glad I had it done, it made a huge difference to my life! Not worrying about it all the time. Although it is still there now I shall take it easy and hopefully it will fade away again.

Hope this helps anyone XXX

I have this too :S At first i thought it was just a normal horrible spot or maybe a nat bite it really hurt so i put anticeptic cream on it incase of an infection but it didnt really help it just numbed it for a while so then i used clearasil to see if that helped but now its just irrating me bcos i dont know what to do to clear it up :/ it's not the size of a pea its quite a big actually not quite a golf ball :/ I dont know what to do bcos it looks like a spot but i dont know i can feel a liquid of some sort it in but i dont know what it is bcos if its a spot its unlike any other ive ever had/ seen before :s

Put apple vinegar on it, that usually shrinks it.

ok im a med student just to put some of your minds at ease, but most of the time you get lumps due to the lymph nodes , ie a sore throat gives u gland under ur jaw line on ur neck etc

most of the time this is a basic infection and more of a hygiene issue, if the problem persists go see your gp

yeh. i have this too!it just under my lip and if i open my mouth to much it hurts! i thought it was a pimple & tryed popping it but nothing happens after i do. it just stays there. and it really hurts! OWWWCHH! :-( :-(

The numbness in your chin would be caused by a fracture in your lower chin. Get it checked out but usually it gets healed withing two months

I too, have a golf ball sized lump right under my chin that just (out of the blue) appeared two days ago. It's barely sore to the touch. It is directly on my throat. I am very scared too! When I was a teen I had tumors (no cancerous) taken off the left side of my neck. I am female, so I don't think it would be an ingrown hair or anything like that. And yes, I am a very clean person, so I doubt it is due to bad hygiene. I was just wondering if it could be an infected gland or something. All the other posts here have been helpful and reassuring. Thanks.