my girlfriend has a hard visible lump under her skin centered at her waist line below her belly buttom that appear over night. it's maybe the diamiter of a dime. she says it gets a little bigger when she stands up. any ideas of what this lump could be?

Health Advisor
Well, any lump should be examined. If it comes and goes and is more visible when coughing, laughing or exerting, it could be hernia.

I would be playing with this because hernias could be dangerous too and they could be fixed in a minor procedure. So, she better has this checked.

hi there,i have a small lump beside my belly button and just above my waist-line.it dont hurt at all but its freaking me out.i was just wondering what it was wether it was a tumor or a cancer of somethink??can i get any awnsers please?? cheers

I have the same problem except my lump is about 7 inches to the left of my belly button. It's hard but it doesn't hurt and is about the size of a marble. Should I be running around worried?

I have the same problem, but i think its becuz i sit for so long, this might be a pressure sore.

i have the same thing. i have a little bump a couple of inches under my belly button. it hurts when i touch it. but the thing is that it looks like an ingrown pimple. before it jsut hurt. but since then i have been putting a hot rag there and i am starting to see a little white spot where PUSS would come out. any help? should i get it checked??

I have the same problem as you and I was wondering if anyone found an answer? Mine started out as a small pea sized hard ball right beside my belly button. My doctors (2) said they thought it was a small, benign little cyst and it would go away. Since then it has flattened out and become a little large, and it is very painful. Any words of wisdom? Thanks.

This is so strange. I have been having the same problem. I have a painful pea size bump in my bellybutton. At first i thought maybe it was a pimple and put tons of acne cream on it for several days. It still has not gone away. Anyone have idea what this is?

I have the same thing. It is about 7 inches to the left of my belly button. I went to the doctor yesterday and she scheduled me to have an ultra sound on Friday. She said it could be a few things. I am hoping that it is the fatty cell deposit.

I have something like this. Its at the bridge of my nose. you can see it at all but i can feel it. Im scared it could be cancer that would expand to my brain or something. It doesn't hurt at all. Its just a hard lump that i can wiggle round slightly.

I just came up over a week ago. I had a small hole like a bite in the same area i week ago so i dont know if what ever bit me has left something in there.

Any ideas??? Should i worry or just leave it??

Help...

i have a lump on the upper part of my tummy, few inches away underneath my left chest. could this be categorized as a cancer sign?
or is it something else?

I also have a small lump situated a little higher than my belly button, but sometimes it feels like its in the centre.. Its only been there for about a week, but im really worried as i've been gettin sharp pains there, not all the time.. just a few times a day, and then i noticed the lump and it hurts when i touch it too. its only small but it feels quite hard. someone please help me???

i have the same problem im young though 14,And my bump is kinda soft,size of a nickel and not a normal shape...what is its?it just appeared over night?is it hernia?i thought only boys can get hernia!

well this is crazy cause i thought it was just me. for me it around the end of 07 and it was on my inner left thigh about 4 to 5 inches from my crotch. at first it would hurt from time to time but then i noticed it getting bigger. until it was about the size of a quarter. it was about april of 08 that it reached a ripping point that i was able to pop it like a pimple but what came out was the longest worm like thing to ever come out of a pimple. it would break as i pulled it out but all together it was a good 8 to 10 inches. it didnt move or anything but i was in the shower for like 30min trying to get it all out. since then its just been a little dark spot. must recently however i have found one growing some inches from my belly button right at my waist ban level it also did the same thing as the one on my inner thigh. (it starts off small with no pain then gets bigger and would hurt if pressure got to it and then to a popping point ) however this time after its months of building, just a cloudy puss liquid came out. and its subsided since but its still hard and about the size of a dime. i guess i just want to know what it is and why i have it, does it have to do with what i eat, is it a bot fly type of thing. im just the type of persom to pop anything that grows on my skin i know in some cases you shouldn't pop them but i hate having to fork over a 1000 bucks for some doctor to tell me after i pee in cup and go through the whole process that it will go away and not to worry about it. so any help would be more then helpful. it would be soo funny if all i had to do was put something like aloe on it ( cause that i can afford)

(male 5'9" 200lb) this may or may not relate, but i had a weird feeling when i pressed my gut against something...felt a weird sensation bordering pain and the feeling of urination straight through my gut, pelvis and penis. it seemed to start from my bellybutton after some poking and proding. then after about a week or two the feeling certainly became more on the pain threshhold and i'd actually have to go urinate. i felt around my bellybutton and on the top part of it inside my belly i could feel a lump and pressing on it would create this sensation. so i took a peak around, and moved my bellybutton around, tried to open it(i have a deep button) and saw a few hairs poking out. so i grabbed some tweazers and pulled them out, they weren't attached and came out ok. (i took care not to push tweazers too deep) then moved my button around some more and found a few more...i dug away and pulled out maybe 30 or 40 1-1/2 inch long hairs, the deeeper the hairs, it seemed to accumulate what i can relate to the most as yellowy puss. i did what i could, shaved around my button and dipped a q-tip with salty water(i had no peroxide) and dipped the outsides and first 1/4 inch of my bellybutton massaging the water into my button hole and hit the hay. the next day, the pain was still there, but lessened and couldn't really see any hairs within the first 1/2 inch of the hole. later i had a shower and took another look, i found a MONSTER wad of hairs covered in what again i think was puss. i pulled them out(one big wad) and within 15 minutes my stomach was feeling at least 80% better. i'm thinking with time and lackluster hiegene, hairs will accumulate and infect you bellybutton... posting is gross i agree, but holy hell i was sh**ting my pants when i felt the lump and weird sensations...thought it was cancer or something. hope this helps someone.