my grandaughter is ten and is lethargic and has a low white blood cell count and high protein in urine. The doc said it could be kidney malfunction, but what does this mean?

Hallo,

When you have too much protein in your urine it means that your kidneys are not doing their job right. There is a syndrome that is called Nephrotic syndrome where protein is presented in urine in large amounts. This is diagnosed in children that are older than one year. If she has this condition she will have more symptoms like swelling of her face, extremities and abdomen. The good news this can be treated with medication. This is an inflammation of the kidneys and blood in urine. But the strange thing with your granddaughter is that she has low white blood cells. Is there a chance that the doctors did the test wrong?

I hope this helped a bit.

It might be LUPUS

I would think about checking out Lyme Disese profile. Symptoms sound suggestive. Maybe ask her GP for a test to be sure.?
Hope all goes well:)