Can you help me out with my father’s problem? He is 67 years old and has been diagnosed with arthritis. This means that he has serious problem with his joints, with pain and the morning stiffness. He used Lyrica for a while, but it just subdues the symptoms, is it just a painkiller? Is there a cure for arthritis?

I think that in that age, condition like arthritis cannot be removed completely, you can only deal with the symptoms, and that is where the painkillers enter the scene. Still, I am not so sure that Lyrica is the best choice in this situation. Perhaps he should try with some medication from NSAID group.

As ave stated, there is no cure at this time for arthritis. And I agree that Lyrica is not the best choice for mediating your father's pain. I would suggest you talk to his doctor about prescribing tramadol. I also have chronic arthritis and have been taking tramadol for several years. It is quite effective at relieving my pain without getting me "high". There is little evidence of dependency occurring and very few side effects.

im not sure about lyrica for pain, but I know for sure that tramado/ultram is one of the least effective mediccations for pain.  It is slightly better than tyleno or Ibuprophen, but not much.  It tends to make people nauseuos.  It is in the same family as Lortab, percocet and norco, but you dont get the same relief.  I suggest you ask the doctor to prescribe a time released pain killer like oxycontin whis is simply a time timereleased percocet withou all the tylenol, so its not as hard on your lbody and if you need that gives you the ability to take tylenol if needed without the worry of taking too much tylenol.