Hey all.

I have a problem with my dog. He is a healthy dog in general. I know that many dogs have problems with digestion/ have problems with their kidneys etc. My dog never had problems with those. He was always a healthy dog.

It was just recently when the vet diagnosed him with arthritis. He  said it’s not that serious and that, with the proper treatment, he will be just fine. And that’s how it was. But  lately, he started limping in his shoulder. Any suggestions on how to treat this? Do you know what is the best home treatment?

Hey there Oshikuru.

My friend had this situation. When I asked him what the best treatment is he told me that those are pain medications. Today, there are so many medications that can kill pain that are available for dogs, such as buprenorphine and tramadol. He told me that those medications helped him. After that he told me that he was using only buprenorphine because it is a great choice. It is actually a simple injection underneath the skin.

He told me that this helped his dog in those moments when his shoulders started to limp.

But please consult your vet about this! 

Hello. This is painful for dog. Limping from arthritis on your's dog shoulder is a condition that everyone are talking about lately. Well, no one like to see this in their dogs and that is condition that everyone wants to avoid. I don’t know what exactly can help your dog, but I know that you can observe it. By observing your dog sometimes you can educate yourself. Very often your dog will make it very obviously when he is in pain. You should take your dog to the vet and let him exam this condition. All those information that you saw before you visit the vet can narrow down is the real cause of the limp arthritis.

Hey there.
That is nice information Dog Whisperer, but I do believe that you can help your dog alone with some home remedies. I am not saying that you should avoid visiting the vet, but you can do some things to release your dog from the pain.
I would suggest you to try some nutritional supplements because they are very effective tools in the fight against arthritis and limping in dogs.
Fish oil, vitamin E and vitamin C are really amazing and you should try with it. I am sure that very soon you will be able to see that your dog is much better and that this limping is disappearing.

Hello. Yes Guest, I agree with you but I can’t just talk about something before I ask myself what is the real diagnosis of this arthritis and what is the diagnose. Without diagnose you can’t treat your dog. I mean, you can treat him but that treatment won’t be proper one, right? You can buy nutramax dasuquin with MSM chewables for dogs and you can give it to your dog at home. It is great product and it is available on the internet. It contains glucosamine, green tea and it is effective. But I would not suggest you to give it to your dog without consulting your vet.

Hey Oshikuru,

Sadly, I don't think that you can do anything here. You can't heal arthritis and although it is not dangerous, it is very painful for your dog and he will probably never be the same as he was before this. Sorry, but I had to tell you this. 

I don't know of any home remedies for this. People are usually just treating their dogs with pain killer medications. I doubt that any home remedy can have the same effect as these pain killers.

It would be smart for your dog to lose some weight. That won't be easy, since every exercise is painful for him now.

Hey everyone,

It's an evil disease. It is extremely painful and there is no cure for it. There is a special diet made for dogs who have arthritis but to be honest, I don't think that this diet does any good.

Pain killer medications are the best option. Your dog is going to walk less, he is probably going to completely stop running and jumping because of the pain. Going up and down the stairs is going to become a hard thing for him. He will be able to behave normally only if you give him pain killers. They seem to be the only answer when it comes to arthritis.

Hey guys,

I'm sorry for your dog, Oshikuru. Your dog started limping because he is in a lot of pain because of arthritis. You can choose the proper pain killers on your own, but I'd suggest that you allow the vet to do this for you. There are a few types of pain killer medications so he should choose the best one for your dog.

When it comes to home treatment, I don't think there's much that you can do. You can put him on a special homemade diet and you can give your dog gentle massages every day. I think that would be all you can do.