What happens when you take Lyrica and mix it with alcohol?

Don't!
If you read all the info regarding Lyrica, never mix with Alcohol.
Can cause everything from sleepiness, to mood swings.

but not everyone is the same saying that.
I've been on Lyrica at 400mg/day for 9 months, and on the couple of times I have given in to a couple of glasses of wine I have not noticed any side effects. This is just me, and never take my results as normal reactions to this drug.

paul

I have been taking Lyrica for about 6 months and if I have more than a couple of drinks, it makes me really sick. For example, after going to a football game and having 5 beers, I was violently ill when I woke up the next morning. Same thing happened on Halloween when I tried going out drinking.

I have been on Lyrica for a little over a year and when I drink it makes me terribly ill just as the person before me described. It really sucks, but I feel like sh*t if I don't take it too, so I guess I just have to give up social drinking.

I have been taking Lyrica for 2 months now. I take it twice a day (10am and 10pm) and have found that if i have a couple drinks before I take the nightly dose that I am fine. It seems that by then the morning dose has worn off. It doesn't make me sick, just really tired.

I have mild GBS and take Lyrica (100mg) 3 times a day. I drink wine (sometimes a whole bottle) or beer with no side effects. This past New Years Eve I was in Atlantic City and drank like I didn't have GBS or was on Lyrica and I was OK - but everyone is different!

The last few times my husband has mixed Lyrica and alcohol he gets ill.
Normally it takes a couple of hours the next day but he gets physically sick at least 3 or 4 times...the last time it was 2 days! Don't do it!

Once my dose was boosted from 100mg to 200mg a day I have become violently ill almost immediately after drinking more than a couple shots. If not immediately then I get very sick the next day and stay sick for a few days afterward if I drink more than usual. I am glad I found this post so I know I am normal. For almost a year I had no issues so from now on I will probably skip the Lyrica for a couple days before drinking anything. :-|

Wow, I'm surprised at the posts here. I'm on 400mg/day of Lyrica. I also am on Cymbalta at the same time, the two drugs work well fighting diabetic neuropathy pain. I typically have anywhere from 2-6 drinks per day, I have had no side effects at all during the last two calendar years. I don't know what what the anticipated reaction should be, I would supposed that mine is less common. My pain specialist doctor said that I could have one or two drinks and it shouldn't affect me, but not to imbibe to excess or on a regular basis. You can see how well I listened to him.

At any rate, I have no problems...

I am on 600 mg of Lyrica a day (down from 900 originally). I feel so validated now that I have read what some of the rest of you wrote. I cannot drink more than 1 or 2 glasses of wine without getting horribly sick. It hits so fast, I get very dizzy and sometimes vomiting several times will occur. It happened recently when I was at a wine tasting event so that I lost track of how much I was actually drinking. It occurs very fast and is "different" than the usual thing that may happen when just drinking too much (without the Lyrica).

Can anyone tell me if a glass of wine or two counter-acts or cancels out the medications useful effets?

I'm on 1200 mg of lyrica a day (4X300mg every 6 hrs)for diabetic neuropathy pains. I asked my endocrinologist about drinking a couple of beers now and then.... I can still hear the echo in my ears: NOOOOO.....WAY !!! Then he took a deep breath and said: O.K. some of my patient drink with the drug now and then, I even have a couple of alcoholics in my ranks but not two people react the same way... some get violently sick others just get a faster buzz... and others don't have any abnormal reactions at all ... you wan't to take a chance and be sick ? then go ahead and have a beer, I can't stop you but then I can only say good luck and don't give me a ring if you're sick phone your generalist instead and let him yell at you !
In other words... don't drive, cut wood with an Ax or talk to your girlfriend if you choose to drink !

well, i tried this myself yesterday. i take 300 mg a day. i had maybe 6 or 7 beers yesterday and was VIOLENTLY sick within hours, and it lasted about 12 hours. i could not keep fluids down, was beginning to feel dehydrated. i would say just don't do it! it's not worth it!

all I can say is thank you to every body who has replied to this post. I started taking Pregabalin 2 days ago and am being kept on 75mg until Monday and then upping it to 150mg for the next 4 weeks. But i'm on holiday next week and wanted to know if i could drink on pregabalin. It's obvious that it would be a really bad idea for me to be drinking, so you guys have stopped me making a huge mistake. So again, thank you  :)

hey all. I used to have a couple beers here and there (been on lyrica 400mg x2 a day) with no real side effects. But this past weekend I went out for a friends birthday and drank alot and became violently Ill. It's now 3 days later and I still feel like dying. Glad to hear I'm not the only one! Just shitty I can't drink anymore! Lol