My father has been dealing with diabetes for almost a decade now. He is 76 years old and it seems that the condition is slowly starting to tire his body more and more. His nerves have been damaged because of diabetes, which causes him great pain sometimes. His doctor prescribed him with Lyrica. I have found out everything there is to know about insulin, his primary medication, but I would like to know more about Lyrica.

Lyrica is an anti-epileptic drug anticonvulsant. Its work is based on slowing brain impulses that are the cause of seizures. In addition, it is used to deal with pain from neural damage caused by diabetes this is called diabetic neuropathy. It an also deal with the pain from postherpetic neuralgia. Beside allergic reaction to this medication, other side effects include muscle weakness, easy bleeding, weight gain