Are there types of macular degeneration? I didn’t know that, I recently had check and I talked with some women there and she told me about her condition..it turned out that she has different type of macular degeneration. What are the types of macular degeneration?

There are two major types of macular degeneration. Type1: Dry ARMD, the more common form of ARMD and affects almost 80 % of those with the condition. The onset of this condition tends to be slow and both eyes are usually affected symmetrically. T2: Wet ARMD, less common but tends to have a more severe and rapid effect on the central area of vision. Here blood vessels from one layer at the back of the eye grow in an abnormal fashion into the macular area. This type tends to affect one eye at a time but there is a risk of the same thing occurring in the other eye over the following months.