My sister's son has an eye problem. He had some vision difficulties. He went to a doctor. At first they could not find the problem but after a while they have found it. They say he have a lattice degeneration. Can you tell me what is it? Is there any cure for that? What may happen?

Lattice degeneration is thinning of all retinal layers. Retina is the light sensitive membrane in the back of the eye. It happens when peripheral retinal capillaries dropout. It means that there is insufficient blood supply. Certain nutrients can help like zeaxantin, vinpucetine, a number of vitamins and enzymes and fish oil. It can lead to retinal detachment in 37 percent of cases.

Well,
If I am not mistaking this condition is affecting his retina. The condition is characterized by oval or linear patches of the retinal thinning. I am not sure if they know what is the right cause of this condition and they don’t have much studies done on this matter. My suggestion would be to follow doctors instructions all the way because he will know what is the best treatment option for this condition. I think that there are medical solutions to this, but in some cases surgery is really necessary. I hope that her son will be able to get rid of this condition and that the doctor will find the best solution for him.
All the best,
Nelie