My dad has recently started to have vision difficulties and when he told me the right lines seems to him like curved ones I made him see an eye specialist and finally he was diagnosed with macular hole and is scheduled for the surgery next week so I would like to hear what macular hole is and this surgery is it dangerous and would it help him regained his previous vision? Thanks!

Macular hole is the hole in the macula that is part of the retina and is responsible for the central vision in fact it make us see the sharp lines and small details and one diagnosed with macular hole is not able to notice these little differences and the things he see he sees them in awkward way. I think your dad is fortunate for this is the early stage of the macular hole condition and he has react on time for with proper surgery the further development of macular hole might be stopped or even he might regain his vision significantly-with macular hole our central vision is always affected and he is so important to us-it is that kind of vision we use while reading, watching tv or working on computer.