Hello, I have been suffering from eye problems for a long time. My problems began with diabetes, so blood flow in retina worsened and macula ended up being dysfunctional. Doctor recommended a macular hole surgery and I need some post op recovery info. How long will I have to wait for the improvement?

After the surgery, depending on the type of the surgery, recovery is expected in a short while, but even that period differs from case to case. This means that you will have to be patient some more, although I have to warn you that in rare cases rehabilitation might last for couple of months. But if the procedure goes well, it is worth waiting for your vision to become normal again.

Hi there,
If I am not mistaking macular holes are usually related to aging process and they usually develop in people that are older than 60 years of age. However there are several reasons why macular holes may occur. For instance eye injury can cause this problem, also macular pucker, detached retina and Best’s disease are all conditions that might cause macular holes. I think that vitrectomy is the best treatment option for this condition. Have you talked about this with your doctor? Risks of vitreous surgery include infection and retinal detachment, both which are treatable. As you can see this is very safe procedure. I hope this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco

so I was wondering if this surgery is worth it...knowing that I had to keep my head down for two weeks after the surgery ..I am 64 years old and just found out that I had a marcular hole in my left eye?