My mom is suffering from macular degeneration and this is becoming worse for she can’t even read now and has stopped driving car. The doc told us she’s having advancing macular degeneration and has new blood vessels growth under the retina and I’d like to know what she should do now is there any macular degeneration treatment for her condition?

Having advancing macular degeneration usually means that the patient actually has wet macular degeneration and this is more severe form of macular degeneration. It means that your mom is actually loosing central vision and needs to get proper treatment and I think that the Visudyne drug treatment is usually being used in cases of wet macular degeneration especially when manifested by new blood vessels growth under the retina. I think that this treatment is painless and the laser light is used in producing a chemical reaction that destroys abnormal blood vessels though my dad had some other treatment called Macugen and this treatment is focused on attacking a protein that makes abnormal blood vessels to develop. He has Macugen treatment every six weeks and he says that his vision has improved. But before decide upon treatments it’s always better to consult your eye care professional for I know before starting having Macugen my dad was warned of the possible side effects.