Hello, my friends. I have heard that people can be allergic to caffeine. I must admit that this sounds strange to me. However, I would like to know the main difference between caffeine toxicity and caffeine allergy. I would appreciate if anyone could reply me something more about this. Thank you for replying.

Hello, there. The difference between caffeine toxicity and caffeine allergy that I will explain is something that goes for every substance. Caffeine toxicity is something that is caused by the effect of the substance itself. You can say it is something like a side effect. Allergy is something that is mediated by the immune system. Caffeine triggers hypersensitive reaction in a sensitive person. Immune cells and mediators play important role here. I hope this is clear. Good luck with this! Bye!