Hello, guys. My friend has been recently discovered apple allergy. She is 24 years old. I would like to know if adults can get this kind of allergy. Isn’t this something that is reserved for kids? At least, beginning of an allergy is more characteristic for childhood. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Hi, there. Maybe apple allergy more frequently appears in childhood. But, I don’t see why it wouldn’t appear later in life. My friend got some potato allergy when she was 26. You can never tell. In any case, your friend should avoid apples now. She can take other fruit. I hope she will be all right. Let me know what happens. Bye!

Hi There,
You have to understand that there is no age difference when it comes to allergies. You can become allergic to something anytime in your life so answer to your question is yes, you can get apple allergy when you are older. The best thing to do is to go to hospital and to do an allergy test in order to see what are you allergic to, just to be sure. You have to avoid anything that might cause an allergic reaction in your body. There is no treatment for allergies and this is why are they so dangerous. I hope this helped you in any possible way.

All the best,
Danella

I developed oral allergy syndrome at age 41.  After a lifetime of eating raw apples, hazelnuts, almonds, pecans and walnuts, I can no longer have them.  Aside from making some changes to my shopping, I've become more careful when eating away from home.