Hello, I would like some facts about the penicillin and the main symptoms of a penicillin allergy. My son has taken this med for his bacterial infection but the next day he got skin rash and it seems that his lips were a bit swollen. Should we be concerned? Is penicillin something that he has to avoid?

Well, it does look that he had an allergic reaction, but it seems that it was a mild one. Other symptoms would be hives, wheezing… but those are also considered benign. Anaphylactic reaction would be the most dangerous one, situation in which breathing problems occur, blood pressure decrease, changed pulse, nausea… I think that he should get some other antibiotics, but talk to his doctor first.

Common allergic reactions to penicillin include rashes, hives, itchy eyes, and swollen lips, tongue, or face.

Hi,just want to know if a person can be allergic to trace amounts of penicillin in milk?
I am allergic to penicillin.I normally can drink milk but last night after drinking a glass of milk,the back of the tongue started itching then I coughed a lot with mucous and I had to take Histatussin. I can also eat ice cream, cheese and drink milk shake without the coughing so I am not sure of the exact allergy matter with the milk.