Hello, there. I have heard about the term blepharitis, but yesterday I also heard about posterior blepharitis. I was confused. What is the difference between these two? Is there any difference? I hope someone will know to answer me. I would appreciate that very much. Thank you in advance. Bye, guys!

Hello. In general, blepharitis is the chronic inflammation of an eyelid. There are several types of blepharitis. One of them is posterior blepharitis. It occurs when small glands in the inner layer of an eyelid start to excrete a huge amount of sebum. This is an oily substance. This amount of sebum causes symptoms of blepharitis like burning sensations, itching, redness, swollenness, light sensitivity, etc. Anterior blepharitis is the inflammation of the front layer. It is more common related to bacterial infection. I hope this helps. Bye!