Hello, guys. I have some serious reactions when I take caffeine. I get rash on my skin, my face swollen and I start to choke. Could I be allergic to caffeine? Is this possible? I would really appreciate if someone could answer me this. It would be good to know. Thank you in advance.

Hello. Caffeine is an active substance like any other medication. I don’t see why you couldn’t be allergic to caffeine. Especially if you show these symptoms after taking caffeine, then it will be more certain. However, you haven’t mentioned whether you have used other medications at the time. You can be also allergic to some food or some environmental allergen. Go to the doctor! Ask for allergy test! There you will be determined what you are allergic to. Good luck!

I think I am allergic to caffine too.. when I drink caffine or eat chocolate I get a rash and I get very anxious and worry about the dumbest things. In fact, I had some chocolate a little bit ago which caused me to get anxious and get online in search of answers. I try not to ingest it, but it is in so many things that it is really hard!