Hello, guys. I have a question to ask. If I somebody is allergic to morphine, what other drug can he use? My close friend has been diagnosed with this kind of allergy and I am concerned about him. I would really appreciate if anyone could answer me this. Thank you for replying.

Hello. All opioids are divided into three classes. Those are: phenanthrenes – codeine, morphine and pentazocine; phenylpiperidines – meperidine and phentanyl; phenylheptanes – methadone and propoxyphene. If a person is allergic to a medication from one group, he can usually get a medication from another group. Some experts think that real allergies to opioids are very rare. These symptoms are a result of pharmacological effect of the drug as experts think. Some call it pseudoallergy. It is a result of liberated histamine from mast cells. Real allergy is mediated with IgE or T-lymphocytes. I hope this helps. Bye!

Go to doctor.....i knw but i will not breach the ethic.

breaching ethic...lmao...just say u don't know...and learn the definition of ethics