My fiance has had a skin problem on his face and he has had it since he was a small kid. He has seen many doctors and those who specialize in just skin. But no one has figured out how to get rid of it. It is only on his right check of his face, and the hairs are very thick and and the skin it self is very thick. But i don't know why and he wants to get lazer hair removal hoping that will cure it. But I was wondering if any ones knows what it may be or how to get rid of it.

Hi there! I understand that removing facial hair can be a real dilemma. Most hair removal methods are only temporary solutions and can allow regrowth in as little as twenty-four hours, but try anything harsher and you risk irritation and scarring. I was thinking about laser hair removal but they say it isn't permanent and it takes several of those visits to make any headway. He'll also need to wait about two months before he notice any real results. Another drawback of laser hair removal is that it can irritate the skin, depending upon the number of treatments needed and his personal sensitivity level. I heard about this other method called electrolysis. They say electrolysis is a permanent facial hair removal system. Little electrical shocks are injected into each hair follicle through a needle, killing the hair root and preventing regrowth. I only can imagine how long and how painful this method is. But waxing is painful too, so one way or another you just can't avoid the pain. I hope this will help you!