First problem: armpits. Hello. I am a 20 year old female and I have gray armpits. I'm not sure why. I shave with Aveeno shaving cream and a good razor and most of the hair is removed with maybe a little stubble, but i can tell that the leftover hair is not the cause. Simply the skin in the armpit area is dark. This is very frustrating. Any ideas? Also, I frequently get bumps from the shaving and not all the hair is gone. I'm considering waxing, but that seems somewhat silly to me considering then you'd have to wait for about a month wearing long sleeves for the hair to grow out. I just want smooth, light armpits!

Second problem: pubic hair. This is far worse that the armpit hair. I would really like to get smooth down there, but it seems impossible by shaving! Stuble is rampant! Also, upon closer inspection, I realized that I have two hairs growing from one follicle in many places. I tried both shaving with and against the grain, but neither worked. I figured maybe it was simply because I was shaving too much at once, but if I try shaving while the hair is still short, it hurts from razor burn. Am I doomed to be hairy forever? (I suppose I can live with it, but I'd rather not). Also, I tried waxing. Hurt like hell, but worked alright. I hated it.

Third problem(s): everything else. Any ideas for light hair? I have hair I shave on my upper lip, nipples, and around the belly button. Anyone know of successful, non-irritating hair removers?

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome has symptoms with hair probalems...as well as dark skin in arm pit area and bikini area. Do you have dark skin on back of neck and in bikini area too? You should ask your doctor to check symptoms for PCOS. I have it. I am taking a med now and changed my diet....and I have lighter armpits and less hair growth now. Where else do you grow hair? Any facial hair? That is a symptom too. i am not a medical expert....just wanted to let you know that I experience some of the same things. I was diagnosed at 22 and am so happy that I was. My symptoms are going away. How is your diet? Are you heavy in mid section? Write back soon.

Hm... well, I do have dark skin on both bikini and armpit areas but not the back of the neck as far as I can see. I have hair in a lot of places and more than most females (especially Asian American females) should have. I have hair on the upper lip, around the nipples, belly button, and fairly heavy arm hair. I have enough arm hair I managed to singe it while grilling hamburgers today. 8-| And, like I said before, I have mutliple hairs per follicle in the pubic area. No chin hairs though. Phew. My diet is alright, perhaps leaning in the slightly unhealthy area and I wouldn't consider myself heavy in the midsection. I'm 5'2'' and 110 lbs. Thanks for the help!

When it comes to your armpits being dark, I would assume it's just the pigmint in your skin. Under arms tend to get moist from sweat, and are constantly producing friction. As for pubic, my best advice would to either continue to wax or try nair. Getting the pubic area smooth and stuble free is a difficult task. I've come to conclusion I'll never have a va-jay-jay that looks like a porn stars. ;D

To make hair lighter, try lemon juice. It lightens hair. If you want to remove the hair, not lighten it up...I'd suggest waxing unless you can afford lazer hair removal. DO NOT REMOVE HAIR FROM NIPPLES. It's normal to have some fine hair around the nipples, if your really worried about the amount, talk to your doctor.

I hve the same problems but why not shave hairs from the nipples. Esspecially u put it in caps is it that bad?

If you need some help on removing some "hairs" on your private parts then maybe some "hairwaxingsecrets" can help you...check it out and see some great improvement... 8)

I haveuch the same problem. I know that waiting to wax sucks, but what's kind of awesome is that after you've done it gets lighter and lighter. ( not the colour the thickness,) I used to have thick pubic like hair on my lower back- I've waxed it seven maybe eight times and it's completely different now. Wayyyyyyyyy thinner. Try waxing once or twice and then shave. If your going on a tip for two (ish) weeks, waxing can help because It keeps the hair away for much longer than regular shaving.

Thanks for providing good adeas.

The dark pigment in your arm pits is probably just dead skin.  All you need to do is exfoliate gently, either by using a loofah or scrubs with lactic acid. Lemon Juice may also help. 

With the hair every where, that can sometimes be a problem with birth control. talk to your doctor.

Growth of unwanted hair is an effect of the hormonal imbalance problem. For this you can consult a gynecologist and take an advice from him to control the hormonal imbalance and unwanted hair growth. Currently you might be dealing with your problem by shaving or waxing the hair. But shaving does not remove the hair from root so it grows again in a few days. Frequent waxing is also not much useful as it causes skin darkening and roughness. So you can think of laser hair removal treatment for permanently removing the unwanted hair. I recently had a few sessions of laser hair removal treatment and I can see that hair growth has slowed down significantly.

Celebrity

many men love a women who has a very bushy area 'down there' so just let the hair grow out naturally

Well it will just make the hair more coarse, and it is unnecessary, AND it can cause infections!

[Shaving your nipples]

Celebrity

Not really, my wife never shaved or trimmed her pubic hair ever but she had to wash and clean that area frequently to avoid any infections

There is a new kind of hair cream that you can get prescribed from your dr. Or Dermotologist it starts with a V. I can't remember the name but just file google it. It stops light and dark hair growth. It's used mostly on facial hair like chin and upper lip and arms stomach and nipples. I don't think it will work on large areas like pubic legs and armpits. It really does stop the hair growth and it will not grow back with regular use. For your legs and pubic, arm pits and arms if your hair is dark there you can get it lasered off. It works best on dark hair. There is some regrowth but it's very fine. The lasers are really improving and they may have new ones out now that work on light hair as well. It was 800 for my bikini area and I went ten times. Kim Kardashian used to have a long hair line down her forehead. She had it lasered off and it never grew back. Look at some of the older pics of her and you can see it. In her pics 4 years to current it's gone. Laser treatments also will lighten your dark pigment on your armpits. I will try to find the name of that cream and reply again. And until you can get the cream or laser make sure not to shave nipple hair, it will grow back darker and thicker. I have at least 4 or 5 on each one and I just pluck them. I should have listened to my mom when I started shaving. She never shaved her upper legs and all her hair was gone by her 30's. I only shaved the backs of my legs and it is course and black. But the tops are blonde and very fine. You can barely tell I have hair there. Hope you will follow up on my advice, it will work. I know from experience. I'm saving next to laser my legs. LIsa.