I’m sixteen and my problem is an excessive amount of hair on my face. My facial hair is rather dark and very visible, so I asked gynecologist for help. After running some tests everything was ok, there was no sign of a particularly serious disorder. The only problem is the fact that my body secretes male hormones in quantities larger than normal, so I have strong and coarse facial hair as a result. I take certain pills, but I’m interested in methods for facial hair removal since I find myself extremely unattractive with all this hair on my face.

Hormonal imbalance occurs very often during the adolescence period and you probably have nothing to worry about. The right choice of birth control pills should help you regulate the secretion of male hormones - androgens, and this should result in lessening the rate your facial hair growth. However, you will have to move the existing hair by yourself. It can be done in several different ways and it is up to you to decide which one to use. You can simply pluck your hair or use wax. Both methods can be painful and they are not recommended for sensitive skin. The use of depilatory creams (only those specially produced for facial hair) must be done with great caution and the cream should always be tested as prescribed by the manufacturer since wrong usage can result in skin damaging. The best ways to remove unwanted facial hair are electrolysis and the use of laser. Those two methods can produce the effect which is closest to the permanent removal of the hair, but it can take some time before you achieve the results you want (even up to two years with electrolysis). They are also the most expensive of the methods listed, so the financial aspect must be taken into consideration when planning your facial hair removal.