My sister is suffering from spinal stenosis. As you know spinal stenosis is a painful condition to live with. We heard so much about alternative medicine treatment that called chelation therapy. It became very popular and it’s used for a variety of ills. Can somebody telle me does chelation therapy help with spinal stenosis?

I can tell you for sure that chelation therapy is a safe and effective treatment for people who have atherosclerosis. I also know that many people believe chelation therapy is effective for many problems, not just for cardiovascular disease. But I have never heard that chelation therapy is effective for spinal stenosis.

Thanks....

Spinal stenosis refers to the narrowing of the spinal canal anywhere along its axis. Although the disorder often results from acquired degenerative changes (spondylosis), spinal stenosis may also be congenital in nature. Stenosis of the central cervical and thoracic spine may result in myelopathy from cord compression. Lateral canal stenosis at any region of the spine may lead to nerve root compression. It is a condition in which the spinal canal narrows and compresses the spinal cord and nerves. This is usually due to the natural process of spinal degeneration that occurs with aging. Spinal stenosis can cause cramping, pain or numbness in legs, back, neck, shoulders or arms a loss of sensation in extremities and sometimes problems with bladder or bowel function. Spinal stenosis is most commonly caused by osteoarthritis related bone damages.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed