Hi, my friend is 36 years old and he was suffering from dizziness last couple of weeks. Also in the same time he had secretion from his nose but he didn't feel any symptoms of cold. As dizziness didn't stop he decided to see his doctor. After several analysis his doctor told him that he had to stay go to the hospital because he has leaking of spinal fluid trough his nose. I was wondering how is that possible?

Hi, cerebral spinal fluid may leak on several different locations of human body. Most often it is consequence of some surgical intervention on sinuses or diagnostic treatment on spinal cord. Very often doctors decide to puncture spinal cord in order to analyze spinal fluid. If this maneuver is not applied as it would be it may cause leaking of spinal fluid.

I think I have aquired 'intracranial hypertension' from taking minocycline for a couple of years. It basically feels like my head it floating in fluid. Pain and stiff at the base of my skull, crackling sounds in the same location, and on the right side of my neck. The pulsing is felt in the back of my throat, behind my nose. My eyes don't seem to be as effected as others w/ this disorder but they have 'sunk back' some. My question is, has anyone heard of or know if you can have the cerebrospinal fluid (that I assume is floating around in my head) leak into your upper back and beside your spine. I will feel some small and sometimes larger pockets of what feels like fluid . If so what the heck does that mean? I am already taking hbp meds w/ a diaretic. Will Lumbar puncture take care of it?