Hello, folks. I have just returned from my ophthalmologist. I was diagnosed with meibomitis. He prescribed me tobradex. I would like to know how long I can use this solution. I forgot to ask that my doctor. I would appreciate all your replies considering this. Thank you for answering, folks. Bye!

Hello. Tobradex is a combination of dexamethasone – corticosteroid and tobramycin – antibiotic. Corticosteroid reduces the inflammation. Antibiotics kill bacteria that caused this infection. Since you have meibomitis, I am not sure how long you can use tobradex. I know that meibomiytis is resistant to therapy and one must be patient. When I have conjunctivitis, I don’t use tobradex for more than a week. Why haven’t you asked your ophthalmologist? He had to tell you that. Bye!

Hello,I see that this is an old post,but are you still on this site?If so,I am looking to talk with others who have meibomitis.Thanks,Sandra lee

Hello,I also was recently diagnosed with meibomitis.Have been battling it for 7 months until I went to see a specialist in Boston and he diagnosed me.I would like to talk with others who have mgd to compare symptoms and treatments.Tobradex is one that I haven't taken so sorry I can't help you with that.Sandra lee

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use